Friday, June 10, 2011

Key Psychological Level

Dow Plunges Below 12,000

"Key psychological level" - sounds like a 'core value' - one of those fancy terms that's supposed to mean something to those of us who read the paper after a hard day at the salt mines.

I remember when the university switched over to using 10-page forms for staff appraisals - sometime in the late 1990s. It was all about core values. It was around the same time some fellow in town (Asheville, NC) got vanity plates that read "Dow 100000". They were on his black sports car, of a make and model that my friend Penny could identify with ease but I could not distinguish from any other black sports car on the road - other than to say that it was new.

Penny - if you ever read this, please know that I heard some of what you said. My daughter appreciates the best of both worlds - Amazing Grace.